1. Buy a huge number of identical pairs of socks to replace all your current socks.
2. Just don't care if you wear unmatched socks (this is doubly inelegant).
3. Get a lot of safety pins and pin together each pair when you take them off. (I once bought some socks that had snaps on them; this had the additional attribute of creating a left sock and a right sock out of each pair.)
4. Throw out or give away each pair of socks as soon as you have finished wearing them.
5. Have only one pair of socks and wash them each night when you remove them.
6. Don't wear socks.
7. Get lots of small mesh bags and place a pair in it's own bag when you remove them before you throw them in the laundry basket.
8. Attach the two socks with a long cord which goes up and down your pants legs. (Requires the correct order of dressing which isn't so easy in the morning when you are half away; doesn't work well with shorts or skirts.)
9. Attach each sock to the corresponding pants leg and change socks and pants each day. (Saves the trouble of matching up sock colors with pants each time you get dressed; doesn't work well with shorts or skirts.)